The second morning students analysed some Mazzano squares: protection, comfort and enjoyment according to Jan Gehl’s 12key tool.
- Piazza Giovanni XXIII a.k.a. Municipality square (Julia, Dora, Maili, Blake)
- Piazza Ungheria (Laura, Pinja, Merete, Mihkel)
- Piazza Umberto 1° (Twearly, Ivo, Mari)
- Roundabout (Olli, Karita, Kristina)
Afternoon: students’ groups start working on projects
- CITY HAPPENINGS / FESTIVALS AND MAZZANO INFOGRAPHICS
What kind of happenings – themes?
Where? What kind of equipment?
Square of the old church and empty space next to Carla’s bar
(Karita, Olli, Kristina)
- MONDOBORGO BUILDING
• a project for bettering the building for different functions
• opening access through all levels
Who would be the users? Could it serve also city happenings?
(Mihkel, Maili, Dora, Julia)
• route from the traffic circle towards Borgo and Castello • route to the laundry place
• route across the valley?
(Pinja, Merete, Blake, Laura)
- SQUARES AND THEIR SURROUNDINGS – how to better them
The square connecting The city Hall – Church and Cultural Centre Series of spaces from there downhill
(Ivo, Mari, Twearly)
- Opening views
- How to make betterments with light interventions
- What kind of tourist are needed, what is good tourism?
- What kind of history does Mazzano have
- Whose history? How to make history visible (local stories)